A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We may send to you the following cookies:
- exp_expiration - Used by ExpressionEngine CMS. Cookie used by users who log in and choose "remember me" facility. This keeps the user logged in for a year unless they choose to log out (and then cookie is destroyed);
- exp_sessionid - Used by ExpressionEngine CMS. Essential cookie required for your account functionality to work;
- exp_last_activity - Used by ExpressionEngine CMS. This cookie contains the date of your last activity on the website;
- exp_last_visit - Used by ExpressionEngine CMS. This cookie is only relevant to registered users and contains data relating to the dates of your visits to website;
- exp_stashid - Used by ExpressionEngine CSM. Cookies is created for page caching;
- exp_tracker - Used by ExpressionEngine CMS. This cookie keeps track of the last 5 pages you visited on the site and allows us to redirect you to the page you were on before submitting a comment or sending us an email through a contact form;
- PHPSESSID - Use to track your session, this enables you to log in or use the shopping cart.
- ego_cookie_consent – Used by the website to track your consent of cookies on this website.
Cookies 6, 7 are session cookies, whereas cookies 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are persistent cookies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the shopping basket and your user account on our website;
- to improve the website’s usability;
- to analyse the use of our website;
- in the administration of this website;
- to prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
- to personalise our website for you.
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the shopping basket and your user account on this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
- in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
This website is owned and operated by Adviza.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us by email (to email@example.com), by telephone (to 0118 402 7050) or by post (to 11th Floor, Ocean House, The Ring, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1AX, United Kingdom).
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information direct to your email inbox.
The service from the first contact was excellent. I had a telephone conversation with a man who was positive and reassuring and...Read More