Adviza secures over £1m funding to boost job prospects in Bucks
1st Jun 2017
A partnership led by Adviza has been successful in securing £1.159m funding to change the lives of disadvantaged adults and young people across Buckinghamshire. Over the next two and a half years this funding will enable the Building Futures programme to reach at least 400 people who are considered furthest from work and have multiple barriers and complex needs.
Adviza is leading 10 voluntary and community sector organisations, colleges and training providers to move participants closer to and into learning or work. Building Futures is part of the Building Better Opportunities (BBO) programme, which is jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.
The programme has a particular focus on:
- The long-term unemployed and those from workless households and families
- People aged 50+ who are long-term unemployed or have been made redundant and need to acquire new skills
- People with learning difficulties or disabilities and those with long-term physical or mental health issues
- Disengaged NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) young people and those at risk of becoming NEET, aged 15-25
- People from ethnic minorities.
Chris Jolliffe, Project Co-ordinator said: “Building Futures aims to benefit the local communities within Buckinghamshire by reducing poverty and anti-social behaviour whilst contributing to the growth of the local economy with employers having access to a pool of people with the relevant skills to meet their needs.”
The ten partners are: Aylesbury College/UTC Bucks; Bucks CAB; Bucks Canal Trust; Bucks MIND; Community Impact Bucks; Healthy Living Centre, Aylesbury; New Meaning Ltd (The Tool Shed); The OASIS Partnership; Wycombe MIND and Youth Concern, Bucks.
For further information about the project please contact Chris Jolliffe, email@example.com 07841 700 303
Related news stories and posts
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information direct to your email inbox.
The service from the first contact was excellent. I had a telephone conversation with a man who was positive and reassuring and...Read More