Stress busting tips for GCSE Results Day
GCSE Results Day is almost here. It's an anxious time for teenagers waiting to hear how they've got on and their parents too. Here are our top tips to help reduce the stress.
Before the Day:
- Keep results day and the following days free
- Make sure you know the arrangements for getting your results
- Get contact phone numbers to hand
- Have a back up plan - find out about all your options after Year 11
- Try not to worry - whatever the day brings there are always other options
On the Day:
- If you haven’t got the grades you expected be prepared to take action
- Have an offer of a job or apprenticeship? Contact the employer to negotiate your offer as they may still accept you
- Planning to go to 6th form? Discuss your options with the Head of 6th form as soon as possible
- Applied to college? Contact them immediately as they may offer you an alternative course
- Consider other options such as an apprenticeship. Find opportunities at www.getingofar.gov.uk and Milkround
- Get advice from school staff and your school’s careers adviser on the day or call us on 0118 402 7050 to arrange to see an adviser
After the Day:
- If you need to change plans and don't know where to start, seek advice from school staff, your school careers adviser or Adviza
- You may be able to get support from our experienced careers advisers at our free drop in events
- We offer a range of services to support you, both free and costed, including one-to-one guidance sessions and Morrisby psychometric assessments. Find out if you qualify for a free service through our bursary scheme
Adapted from a blog first published in August 2016
There are no comments for this post. Be the first to comment.
Write A Comment for the Stress busting tips for GCSE Results Day post
To write a comment, please login...
Related blog posts
If you're not sure whether to do work experience (especially if you've got to...
It’s that time of the year again: hectic, hysterical frenzy of an emotional...
Our latest regional career spotlight focuses on the town of Aylesbury in...
Many people get a tremendous buzz out of volunteering. But did you know it can...
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information direct to your email inbox.